The Scientific Committee of the 2019 UKCS Annual Scientific Meeting invites the submission of abstracts for either oral or poster presentation.
Oral presentations and posters represent an excellent opportunity to stimulate debate, raise issues or highlight quality work being carried out by teams or individuals. Abstracts may be by way of an original paper/trial, audit, or a professional experience – the knowledge of which would be of benefit to others in the specialty.
For those in training, this Conference provides opportunities to interact with leaders in our specialty, encouraged by Poster Walks and the Chairs of Sessions encouraging comment on work presented orally.
The programme allows for a good number of oral presentations on particular themes. These will include (subject to the submission of suitable material): Faecal Incontinence, Urinary Incontinence, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Surgical Procedures, Conservative Management, Epidemiological Aspects, Quality of Life measures and Basic Science
All submissions will be subject to blind review.
Terms and Conditions of Submission:
- PLEASE NOTE: ALL PRESENTING AUTHORS MUST REGISTER AS FULL CONFERENCE DELEGATES – PLEASE ENSURE THAT THIS IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO ATTEND BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT.
- There is no day delegate rate offered, due to the low Registration Fee for the Conference and the fact that the programme content is designed to be of benefit over the three days for all delegates. Please do not try to negotiate special prices for your attendance.
- Submission of an abstract is confirmation of acceptance of the need to register, without exception and irrespective of the length of time the Presenter will be at the Conference.
How to submit:
Online Abstract Submission here soon
- In order to submit (any number of submissions) you will need to set yourself up as a New User and provide your contact information.
- Select “Submissions” to add your submission(s) to the system. The system will prompt you for the required information.
- Your abstract must be submitted in English.
- You will be asked to select a category (theme) for your submission.
- You will be asked for your preference of presentation format.
- You will be asked about any disclosures and whether or not Ethical Approval was sought.
- You will be asked for the title, authors and designations before the text of your abstract.
- Your abstract itself must not exceed 300 words (this excludes the title, authors, designations and references) .
- If you wish to include tables, these must form part of what you insert into the “Abstract Text” box and these will count within your 300 word limit. Tables MUST NOT be scanned into the abstract, but typed in using Word. Simple graphs can also be included. Note: When an abstract is accepted, whilst the text will definitely be published, the Reviewers reserve the right to edit out complex figures, tables and graphs that are too expensive to reproduce.
- References can be given, up to a maximum of 5 and these will NOT form part of the 300 word count
- The on-line system will enable you to add multiple submissions to your profile.
- All submissions will be acknowledged by E-Mail. If you have not had a confirmation of receipt within 5 working days of your submission, please contact the Conference Secretariat.
- The Scientific Committee will review all abstracts and their decision on the acceptability of the abstract and format of the presentation will be final. No correspondence on their decision can be initiated by the author(s).
- Instructions on the duration of oral presentations and the format and size of posters, will be given in the result correspondence which is planned for issue around Friday 17th February 2018.
- If an abstract cannot be presented at the Conference, the Secretariat must be notified in writing by 6th March 2018 to avoid compromise to the professionalism of the meeting.
C/O Index Communications Meeting Services
28 Winchester Road
Romsey, SO51 8AA, UK
+ 44 (0) 1794 511331/2